50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
10-22-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
(10-22-2016 06:53 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Yes, but unfortunately this means that this version of SDLIB does not preserve the case properly for some types of filenames fitting into the 8.3 scheme, and so it won't be of much help for David...

...but that's OK. I was already a bit dubious about putting any significant effort into this project, as with further investigation it seemed more like "a nail in search of a hammer" than a useful tool. Regardless of the reasons and tools used, it became obvious that copying individual files to the SD card was going to result in name conversions that would make the user have to spend extra time dealing with them. To me, that negated the benefit of the tool in the first place.

(10-22-2016 06:53 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Is there a newer version of SDLIB publically available somewhere? If so, for the benefit of the users the SDFiler package should be updated with the latest version of SDLIB, I think. (And once the SD/FS related stuff in newRPL is fully debugged, it might even make sense to backport this to SDLIB - not now, but perhaps in a year or so.)

I agree that it would be good to replace the version of SDLIB included with SDFiler once the charset conversions and file system handling are finalized. The modularity of the existing SDFiler package should make this fairly straightforward, provided the new SDLIB contains a similar interface. I have my doubts that Tim is very focused on such old products nowadays, but perhaps he wouldn't mind if someone else updated the library for him (he did provide the Debug4x source, after all).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually - DavidM - 10-22-2016 07:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)