50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
10-17-2016, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2016 10:55 AM by matthiaspaul.)
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
(10-16-2016 07:51 PM)DavidM Wrote:  ...and yes, copying the text and pasting into a code block creates some confusion due to mixing code pages again.
Thanks a lot! Unfortunately, I have difficulties explaining some of the differences between these two views - some seem to make sense in the first, some in the second view.

Are you familiar with using a disk editor? I guess we could more reliably see what's actually going on under the hood by bypassing Windows and having a look at a hex dump of the on-disk structures. If you'd want to give it a try, I can recommend HxD, a small free disk editor for Windows: https://www.mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ . In "Extras" you'd have to open a view of the FAT partition (drive I: in your case) as a logical volume, and then use "Search" to find f.e. the directory entry holding the string "MIXCASE". A hex dump of perhaps about hundred bytes before and five-hundred bytes after that location would be helpful.

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually - matthiaspaul - 10-17-2016 08:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)