Raw files for these HP 67 program listings ?
09-09-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: Raw files for these HP 67 program listings ?
(09-09-2016 02:56 AM)Gene Wrote:  Delete step 127 RTN
Synthetics for lines 98 (E6), 100 (E3) save a byte each.

No sythetics required: read a 67/97 card with containing the steps EEX 3 and the 41 card reader seems to translate this to "E3" instead of "1E3". You can also see this in the hpmuseum listing of the program which (essentially) seems to show the result of reading the 67 card into a 41. And hp41uc also translates such a line in a text file to "E3" resp. "E6". In this case I admit I even added back the leading 1. ;-)

(09-09-2016 02:56 AM)Gene Wrote:  That's 3 bytes, but of course, line 21 eats 12 bytes total. Maybe "TTT" ? :-) Saves 8 bytes.

You can even omit the complete "TIC-TAC-TOE" prompt. Unlike other programs where certain settings are initialized by the 67 card reader so that in the 41 version a separate init routine makes sense, the TTT initialization routine has to be run anyway (either by XEQ"TTT" or XEQ a). ;-)

But why do you think that we have to save as many bytes as possible? These programs go into a ROM module, the 41's RAM is not affected at all. We'll most probably end up with, say, 100 bytes ROM capacily left that are not enough for one more program but enough not to care about five bytes more or less.

Anyway, I think I'll take a closer look at TTT later, which might save more that just a few bytes.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raw files for these HP 67 program listings ? - Dieter - 09-09-2016 12:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)