My HP 10bII+ is much faster than HP 12c!
08-25-2016, 02:01 AM
RE: My HP 10bII+ is much faster than HP 12c!
(08-25-2016 12:52 AM)Galuppo Wrote:  Hi guys!

As an Econ student I decided to first buy the HP10BII+ for its price and functionalities.

My cousin gifted me his Hp12c Platinum, 1 battery on the back and CN serial number engraved on the case, not as a sticker, that I had to sent to repair for just 20 bucks and needless to say I was stoked.

The problem now is that my 10bII+ feels so much faster and it never has the "running" sign.

For instance, the 12c took whooping 25 seconds when trying to calculate the required interest rate for a -45 PMT, 10925.76 FV and an N of 168 while the 10bII+ did it INSTANTLY!

I'd like to know if it's something with my calculator and if I should stick with the 10bII+.

Thanks a lot guys!

While the 10bII+ lacks RPN and the classic style and hardware quality feel of the 12C, it is a superior machine in just about every way, including dramatic speed increase as you've found. I believe it also uses higher precision math (Tim?) internally, plus provides extended math functions not available on the 12C/12CP.

It's a great choice if you're happy with Algebraic logic, there's nothing like it in its price range.

Search old Forum posts here, there are lots of comments, virtually all are positive.

Enjoy your 10bII+.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My HP 10bII+ is much faster than HP 12c! - rprosperi - 08-25-2016 02:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)