1,024 additional Registers on the CL
08-06-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: 1,024 additional Registers on the CL
(08-06-2016 09:13 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Well, this is really not a new development - it was there from the beginning, all along from the word go: it's in the hardware design!

And to take advantage of those registers the programs will need to be re-written; the new functions are not the same as the native STO/RCL... for instance there's no IND or STK addressing, hope you bear that in mind!

So unfortunately 20x20 determinants are not quite yet a done deal, and ditto for the surveyor's software - sorry!
Angel;

I believe this is much more useful than you humbly describe it.

In the surveying software example, the addressing would all be done by routines in good old program memory as it is now. The decision to use regular extended or the upper block for data storage would be simplified by using sequential point numbers for each coordinate pair as it almost always is in calculators. #1 to 299 automatically go into extended, the higher point numbers for the next more-than 500 (or 340 or 255) would be routed into that upper 1024 sized space. It should be as do-able as any other coordinate pair (or x,y,z - or x,y,z, with descriptor) storage-retrieval scheme.

As my favorite math teacher said a couple of times; "I leave proof of this to others".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1,024 additional Registers on the CL - d b - 08-06-2016 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)