HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
08-30-2016, 12:37 AM
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
I successfully flashed my 50g with newRPL. At the end of flashing it said "WAIT RESET" and gave me the option to press the ENTER key, which I pressed. But then the screen said the following:

-- EXCEPTION --
install will wipe out RAM

Cont

I pressed the F1 button which corresponds to Cont.

It then said "Memory Cleared."

Now at the bottom of my screen, where the soft menus normally appear, I see 3 rows used, which kind of looks like an Excel spreadsheet. At right I see "SD" in gray. And in the top right of my 50g screen, I see a little arrow pointing right which blinks and blinks forever.

I typed 5 and ENTER and then ENTER and + to confirm addition is working, which it is. Now the "SD" which once appeared in the bottom right corner in gray is gone. But that right-arrow in the top right corner of the screen continues to blink endlessly.

Sadly, when I press the white Left-Arrow key and then the APPS button, to bring up the File Manager, nothing happens. In fact, pressing the APPS key alone does nothing at all. Ditto for the MODE and TOOL buttons. Ditto for VAR, STO and NXT. And when I type a number, I see a black flashing cursor that has a "D" inside it, which is very odd.

I can't bring up NUM.SLV or S.SLV or USER or FINANCE or CONVERT. And when I press the HIST key, the calc tells me:

STO Error:
Expected an identifier

When I press the Orange right-arrow button, I see the icon in the upper left of the screen display in gray, and it flickers for some reason.

At least I can turn the calc OFF and then ON again. But this newRPL is very confusing to me, I must say.

All said, I don't understand how to test my SD card within newRPL now that File Manger is dead. It would be appreciated if you could please offer me guidance.

Thank you,

James W.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes - JDW - 08-30-2016 12:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)