HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
08-29-2016, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2016 02:44 AM by JDW.)
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
(08-29-2016 02:19 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Try repeating the procedure, but do not format the new partition on the PC, try formatting in the 50g with the fresh (empty) partition.

If these steps don't work, I would suspect the drive itself has issues.

The SD card does not have issues insofar as I can read/write to it just fine using any Mac or WinPC.

Per your advice, I ran "diskpart" at an elevated Command Prompt on my Win8 PC. The last two steps I performed were these:

delete partition
create partition primary

And per your direction, I subsequently did NOT format the SD card on the PC. Instead I merely removed it from the PC and put it in my 50g, and then brought up File Manager. But the SD card is no where to be found in the file tree.

So I removed the SD card and then put it back in the PC where I formatted it, but this time with the default 4k allocation size. I put it back in the 50g, and now it appears as Port 3 in File Manager. But I still cannot format it in the 50g. I cannot use STO to save anything on it either.

And like I said, I have another partitioned SD card, but it has the same issue. I can copy files to it using a PC or Mac and then read off those libraries and files and save them to the 50g. But I cannot FORMAT or PURGE or STO to the SD card.

I am totally and utterly baffled and confounded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes - JDW - 08-29-2016 02:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)