HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
07-18-2016, 03:42 AM
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
(07-18-2016 03:34 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  You can find for ...
$9 USD + $5 USD shipping -> 5 x 256MB MicroSD SANDISK cards with SD Adapter
$10 USD + $5 USD shipping -> 5 x 512MB MicroSD NOKIA cards with SD Adapter

Yes, EBAY sells interesting stuff. And I've been an active member there for over a decade. But a couple weeks ago, I placed an order for "new in box HP 28S" only to find the seller never accepted my payment or responded to me. I was able to determine their GMAIL address via Paypal and found their real name by adding them to my Google+ Circles, which led me to their FaceBook page. Despite multiple messages to them via EBAY, multiple messages to their GMAIL address, and even after spending them a FaceBook message, they never accepted my payment or replied to me once. So I cancelled my payment and now am waiting for the 32 day expiration period to conclude so I can be done with this nightmare. I should add that I Googled the seller's name and location -- EBAY gives their city and state -- and found the individual had been arrested earlier this year. I also found they listed the same 28S on Craig's List at the same time their listed it on EBAY. Suffice it to say, I'm a bit leery of EBAY at the moment.

With that said, I already have a 256MB slow-poke SD card from an old video camera which I intend to use. Even so, the questions put forth in my previous post remain. Still curious about Joe's comment...

"BUT it DOES matter if you plan on doing frequent memory backups to the card..."

Does the 50g somehow go FASTER than 2MB/s during backups? :-) If not, how would a faster card then matter?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes - JDW - 07-18-2016 03:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)