HP 48SX Demonstration Card
07-22-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: HP 48SX Demonstration Card
The actual cost was probably higher, but educalc was probably dumping surplus cards they received from Hp, who by that time had moved onto the GX model (and it is likely this card prominently displayed the SX portion of its features ie made it obsolete for Hp).
As for selling memory cards at a lower cost, more closely valued to their actual cost. I suspect the sellers would just be cutting profits. Yeah, they might sell 50% more cards, but actually receive less compensation because these are older calculators that just simply aren't worth supporting.
Which calculator did you FIRST buy? An Hp 50G or an older Hp 48GX? The 48GX often sells for more than the Hp 50G so most new Hp buyers will buy the Hp 50G and that is the wiser choice.
Really, only older former Hp 48Gx users (who probably already have a memory card) actually chase after the Hp 48GX and might actually be in the market for additional RAM cards. I bought my first cards from Koltz and I have been very happy with them. I have bought a couple spare Hp 48GX's and since I only use one calculator at a time, when that 48GX fails, I would be able to easily move the card into another Hp 48GX (the cards should easily outlast the calculators).
But if I were a new user and not biased by the older keyboards, I probably would use the newer Hp 50G and never consider using my Hp 48GX (Heck, I don't now as it sits in my desk drawer). I actually use a 32sii for a majority of my number crunching.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 48SX Demonstration Card - Chris Dreher - 07-08-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: HP 48SX Demonstration Card - rprosperi - 07-08-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: HP 48SX Demonstration Card - JDW - 07-22-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: HP 48SX Demonstration Card - JDW - 07-23-2016, 12:40 AM
RE: HP 48SX Demonstration Card - Ron Ross - 07-22-2016 04:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)