HP Prime Battery consumption analysis
07-13-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis
Yeah, but as per the thread, the life of the unit is deemed potentially as a long time. Even though I'm a youngster by most standards, I have used older HP calcs through high school that were many years old even after they retired from their daily role in mining (can't remember the model, one of the old card reader ones with the moon lander game). I do understand that we expect that old-school reliability. But, we're in changing times, things aren't the same as they were, consumers are expecting incremental hardware performance upgrades over long-term reliability. My point was, once we hit computing power that we haven't dreamt of yet in consumer devices (which will be soon), these calcs will be nothing more than collector items. The Prime is already one of the first huge leaps in my eyes, but it's just a pioneer.

Hopefully OEM's will see a niche and continue to supply batteries for the Primes for a long time to come. I truly expect and hope that the Prime continues to be a reliable powerhouse, I bought it for that reason. I have just started mathematics study for this year and go fully into engineering study next year and I chose my tools carefully. I'm no new school leaver, I'm going in pretty late. I got the Prime to have a device to become familiar with and hopefully be at one with over the term of study. But I will change if there's another leap in tech that we have yet to see.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - eelcor - 12-23-2013, 10:39 PM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - eelcor - 12-25-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - ebswift - 07-13-2015 11:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)