HP Prime Battery consumption analysis
07-08-2015, 03:54 PM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis
Thank you for taking the time to reply Tim. I appreciate much of what you've said.

Unfortunately it is just a sad fact of life that GOOD Li-ion replacement batteries are increasingly hard to find in my experience (which is mostly with mobile phones). There are many cheap 'copies' around which will last a few months at best and the success (abundance) of these is driven by a bizarre desire for all things cheap and rubbish, even if the internet is plastered with people regretting their false economy, it still continues.

I take your point about the usage rate being typically much lower for a calculator and your lifespan figures are much more encouraging than my 'assumptions' (again based on the only experience I have which is mobile phones).

Despite all that I personally think a design model based around a non-replaceable (for all intents and purposes, except by happy coincidence with Samsung) 'custom' battery is a massive backward step and I still don't really understand the why the market would demand it. Maybe most users will only keep their calculators for a year or two anyway, so for them it doesn't really matter, or baybe most people just don't question any further than what the 'marketing machine' tells them - i.e. Li-ion is the latest, most fashionable and therefore must always be the best thing to have powering your device. I'm clearly the odd-one-out in that regard.

Thanks again for your reply.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - eelcor - 12-23-2013, 10:39 PM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - eelcor - 12-25-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - springer5 - 07-08-2015 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)