HP Prime Battery consumption analysis
01-25-2014, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2014 01:50 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis
(01-25-2014 12:59 PM)John P Wrote:  Is it possible to buy replacement battery for HP Prime and if yes what are the specs.
Thanks.

Anything that fits the UNMODIFIED Galaxy S3 cell phone will work in the HP Prime. The standard battery that comes with the Galaxy S3 has slightly more capacity (2100 mAh) than the one that comes with the HP Prime (1500 mAh), and is slightly thicker*, but the other dimensions are identical. Prices currently run from $7.50 to $30.

Do NOT get one of the ultra-high-capacity batteries for the Galaxy S3 (e.g. 3 Ah; I've seen ones up to 7 Ah!) because they are thicker, they require a new back plate for the phone, and they do not fit the calculator at all, even with a modified back, because HP put the pins on the wrong side. :-(

* Edit: I'm guessing that the extra thickness of the Galaxy S3 batteries are the NFC antenna and chip, which the HP battery does not seem to have. Well, I don't know about the chip, but I'm pretty sure the antenna is missing, and that's exactly where the HP battery is a tad thinner than the Galaxy S3 battery.

The Samsung batteries say 3.8V, but the HP battery says 3.7V. They're both lithium ion.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - eelcor - 12-23-2013, 10:39 PM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - eelcor - 12-25-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - Joe Horn - 01-25-2014 01:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)