HP41UC: User-Code File Converter / Compiler / De-compiler / Barcode Generator
09-25-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: HP41UC: User-Code File Converter / Compiler / De-compiler / Barcode Generator
(09-22-2016 08:19 PM)leoduran Wrote:  Please give it try and let me know if you find any issues.
In a nutshell, this version allows compiling/decompiling XROM functions defined in an external text file... Be sure to read these new sections in the UsersGuide:
1) Supported XROM Modules
2) Importing XROM Modules

No problems so far. And I really like the idea of adding your own XROM function set. I'm not sure if I like the appended XROM numbers the decompiler generates.

BTW, what character set does the program support? Since it does not use "≠" or "Σ" it looks like it can handle only plain ASCII or maybe ANSI. What about Unicode? This would allow the two mentioned characters.

FTR: With the built-in card reader functions disabled (/x30) I tried my own card reader file with all the XROM 30, nn functions and only 7RCLS replaced with 7RCLΣ. This file was saved as "reader.txt" using Windows Notepad with Unicode encoding.

Then I tried
hp41uc /t=test /r /x30 /m=reader.txt /n /k

The result was an error message saying that no end-of-line character could be found. Then I stored the same file using notepad++ and this time the EOL-warning did not show up. Instead hp41uc did not understand the line defining the 7RCLΣ command as it could not decode the Σ character:

XROM Error: invalid arguments[ 7RCLΣ 30,35 ]

I assume fixing this is not trivial, so it may stay the way it is.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP41UC: User-Code File Converter / Compiler / De-compiler / Barcode Generator - Dieter - 09-25-2016 01:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)