[HP 35s] Stepping-Preview after INPUT instruction
06-01-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 12:35 PM by Dieter.)
RE: [HP 35s] Stepping-Preview after INPUT instruction
(06-01-2016 11:36 AM)gaindred Wrote:  If I hit an INPUT instruction and want to step to the next instruction, holding the arrow-down-key does not show me the program line. While releasing the key the instruction is executed. Actually I cannot preview the first program line after an INPUT instruction.

I do not think this a bug, it's just a ..."special feature". ;-)

During INPUT the 35s is in a different state than normal. The current value of the prompted variable is displayed and stack lift is disabled so that a new user entry overwrites the value in the display. You can even do calculations while the prompt in the upper line remains active. At this point the arrow down key obviously does not work as usual.

But there's a simple workaround. No need to insert meaningless instructions in your programs. Simply cancel the pending INPUT with the [C] key before entering something (or continuing without input - this works as well). After this pressing the arrow down key displays the next step, as usual.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HP 35s] Stepping-Preview after INPUT instruction - Dieter - 06-01-2016 12:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)