HP-41 Challenge: Double Integrals by INTEG Recursion
05-31-2016, 05:03 AM
RE: HP-41 Challenge: Double Integrals by INTEG Recursion
(05-30-2016 04:33 PM)hth Wrote:  I have not calculated an integral for 35 years, and never even heard of the existence of a double. Smile

I know what you mean, but it gets even stranger: rumor has it there are even triples!!

(05-30-2016 04:33 PM)hth Wrote:  Sounds like an interesting programming challenge, I assume you want to swap in and out the buffer of the Advantage module, maintaining more than instance of the buffer. I look forward to your article, maybe I will (as you say) find time to take a stab at it, at some point in the future.

You're of course on the right track. The trick consists of changing the buffer-14 id# that is created by the first call to INTEG, so that when the second call happens it can create another buffer-14# and do its job on the second variable (X). Changing buffer id's is what function REIDBF does for a living, so there's a match made in heaven.

Timing and sync up are the only details to pay attention to. For instance there cannot be any key assignments (buffer-14# is placed BELOW those!) - The solution is simply to save them in XMEM at the beginning , clear them all, and restore them upon completion.

Cheers,
'AM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41 Challenge: Double Integrals by INTEG Recursion - Ángel Martin - 05-31-2016 05:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)