Cannot Upgrade Firmware Past Ver. 8151 [Solved]
05-25-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: Cannot Upgrade Firmware Past Ver. 8151
Tim,

Yes, you were right. I had two firmware directories, one for admin and one for myself (I never log in as admin). I deleted the one in admin's home directory. After deleting it, the connkit (run as a normal user) still installed only firmware ver. 8151. (Yes, I tried updating it first, but it just sits there for over an hour and says "connecting.") So I uninstalled the connkit and reinstalled it from the HP Support Forum (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/), but that installed a much earlier 2013 version of the connkit, which doesn't even see my HP Prime when I connect it through the USB cable. I see now that you expect people to download it from the HP Museum instead, but that requires access to ftp, which I can't get to through my firewall here.

Questions:
1. Should the connkit be run only from the admin account?
2. Is there a non-ftp option for downloading it, and why can't I get it from hp.com?
3. If we're not supposed to go to the HP Support Forum, can you please delete that old 2013 version there and tell people to come here instead?
4. Is there an HP store in the Washington DC area that I can just take my calculator to and get it up updated? That might be simpler for me. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot Upgrade Firmware Past Ver. 8151 - JamesWilliams - 05-25-2016 01:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)