New ConKit (10077) eating up System resources!
04-26-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: New ConKit (10077) eating up System resources!
(04-25-2016 10:16 PM)jte Wrote:  
(04-25-2016 04:57 PM)eried Wrote:  It is like if Excel worked sluggish when the user wanted to do his monthly accounts because Excel can handle multi-billion digit accounts.
Algorithms that scale better (e.g., have better asymptotic characteristics) often do have larger fixed (more precisely: larger constants involved in their resource-consumption bounds) costs. They're not just more work to implement correctly (which is a real limitation), but also require more computational resources for smaller / simpler problem instances. (This doesn't take into account the additional requirements placed on / features expected of software over time. What a word processor does on an 8-bit home computer of the 70s / 80s is quite different than what is done by a word processor on a 64-bit home computer of the 10s.)

I don't see the point of your comment. We are talking about sending things to a calculator or processing the LHC data from a particle collision?

It is just not really acceptable to waste a whole cpu core for an empty window, no matter how it is explained.

Anyhow, the issue is within just one thread of the app, maybe the timer is not properly implemented to go to idle?:
[Image: Ebjb4hLzhu.png]

Here is how it looks:
https://cloudup.com/iC9aB0IpWX7

And after suspending/killing the thread, it all goes to normal:
https://cloudup.com/it8MvDOQle0

Via advanced decompilation methods I can see the code generating this issue:
Code:
while(true){
  int n; // TODO: Change to long to increase the delay
  for(;;){try{n++;}catch(){break;}} 
  checkUSB();checkFiles();
}

Hahaha Tongue just kidding... that code actually catches the memory leaks.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New ConKit (10077) eating up System resources! - eried - 04-26-2016 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)