New ConKit (10077) eating up System resources!
04-25-2016, 04:57 PM
RE: New ConKit (10077) eating up System resources!
(04-25-2016 03:59 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Not in a cross platform way unfortunately for USB...

Also, not using QT for filesystem stuff unfortunately as well (once you have network drives involved especially)...

For USB it might be possible to add some little platform specific code to listen for device changes and throw the other routine, something like: https://ic3man5.wordpress.com/2012/04/29...ng-qt-4-8/

And for the filesystem there might be something for QT: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qfilesystemwatcher.html ?

(04-25-2016 03:59 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Thanks for the pointers I guess... :-P (which program are you using for anlysis there? Not familiar with that one)

The diagnostics apps are process monitor and process explorer.

(04-25-2016 03:59 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  (we're working on the resource thing - it isn't actually any of the things you pointed at however. Those have already been eliminated as the cause. Also, remember that pretty much everyone here is looking at the connkit as a "i plug in my single calculator and do stuff with it" - we have to take into account much larger things like having 60+ calculators doing wireless, upcoming network connections to other computers/apps over TCPIP, etc. Some pieces don't make sense until you look at that side of things as well)

I am not sure how these majestic scenarios should impact a humble single calculator user constantly wasting a quarter of his cpu showing an empty window in the background. It is like if Excel worked sluggish when the user wanted to do his monthly accounts because Excel can handle multi-billion digit accounts.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New ConKit (10077) eating up System resources! - eried - 04-25-2016 04:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)