New ConKit (10077) eating up System resources!
04-25-2016, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2016 04:12 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: New ConKit (10077) eating up System resources!
(04-25-2016 02:20 PM)eried Wrote:  Someone will have to tell the recently graduated from CS coding this part that there are better ways to notify about USB device insertions and filesystem changes than timers:

Not in a cross platform way unfortunately for USB...

Also, not using QT for filesystem stuff unfortunately as well (once you have network drives involved especially)...

Thanks for the pointers I guess... :-P (which program are you using for anlysis there? Not familiar with that one)

(we're working on the resource thing - it isn't actually any of the things you pointed at however. Those have already been eliminated as the cause. Also, remember that pretty much everyone here is looking at the connkit as a "i plug in my single calculator and do stuff with it" - we have to take into account much larger things like having 60+ calculators doing wireless, upcoming network connections to other computers/apps over TCPIP, etc. Some pieces don't make sense until you look at that side of things as well)

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New ConKit (10077) eating up System resources! - Tim Wessman - 04-25-2016 03:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)