[WP 34S] Enhanced Y register display: fractions, bugfixes etc.
01-01-2015, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 02:39 PM by Bit.)
RE: [WP 34S] Enhanced Y register display: fractions, bugfixes etc.
I've created a patch that enables Y register display in integer modes. It's based on the ideas described in an other thread, e.g. in this post.

A small amount of space is reserved on the left for the shift indicators in small font and the window indicator bars are displayed on the right, the Y register has to fit between these two. One window indicator bar is always shown to act as a reminder that the calculator is in integer mode. (In bases 2, 8, 10 and 16, the number base indicators are easy to recognize but other number bases could be mistaken for an exponent.)

Leading zeros (if enabled) are cut off if necessary in order to fit the number into the available space. If it still doesn't fit, the least significant digits are removed and the number of digits removed is indicated after a colon, much like the exponent display in double precision mode for large exponents. For example, 10000000 could become 1000:4. Three significant digits shown is the worst case and it only happens in binary mode. I chose the colon instead of an 'e' to avoid confusion with 'E' in base 15 and 16. Space is tight so digit separators are not used for the Y register.

Since the signed number representation and word size aren't displayed in the upper line, I've created a new status screen for them that shows up as the first one when you press [h] [STATUS].

In the attached archive you'll find the patch, a flash image and a Windows binary. Please test it if you have the time (Y register display isn't enabled by default like in my other builds, you'll need to use YDON), and let me know what you think.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.zip  Yreg_integer_r3719_20150101.zip (Size: 195.82 KB / Downloads: 14)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP 34S] Enhanced Y register display: fractions, bugfixes etc. - Bit - 01-01-2015 10:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)