Best calculator for the working engineer
07-24-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: Best calculator for the working engineer
(07-18-2016 11:49 PM)Logan Wrote:  
(07-18-2016 09:46 PM)Vtile Wrote:  Somehow I feel that graphing calculator is stigma that renders a calculator with more than two lines of information as a "nonproductive or overkill" and not a serious device (the *face factor*) in certain parts of the world. ...

I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at in the first paragraph above. People ridiculing graphing calculators, or people ridiculing calculators that are non-graphing?

I'm not Vtile, but I believe he may be referring to those who generally dismiss the practical uses of graphing calculators because they seem to be marketed more to a student/educational market (among other reasons I suppose). Except for occasional troubleshooting assistance, I've never used any of the graphing/plotting features on my 48-49-50 devices for anything meaningful. Personally, I don't think of these systems so much in that context but rather as "large screen" devices.

To me, the real value of the larger screens is in being able to see much more information without having to roll/scroll to see it in context. Seeing more stack entries, using forms, and displaying larger portions of programs and output adds much more value for my use than any of the graphing capabilities.

Just my 2ยข worth...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best calculator for the working engineer - DavidM - 07-24-2016 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)