Best calculator for the working engineer
07-09-2016, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 02:47 PM by Logan.)
RE: Best calculator for the working engineer
(07-07-2016 12:32 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  the more or less trivial conclusion that if so many bugs have been found already (most soon after the release of the 35s), you'd expect many more waiting.

Here are two examples just from last night:

First, the vector syntax bug popped up for me, where any vector I entered just gave a "syntax error" response. I found a sort-of workaround but no idea why it works or what causes the bug.
https://youtu.be/Amkf4pEzMoE

Second, I also was trying to solve an equation last night with the result "Bad Guess" and it wouldn't solve. After trying a bunch of things (all variables were cleared, stack was cleared, X-register input was close to the correct value etc.), it still wouldn't work. Entered the exact same equation on the line below and it solved it right away. Tried it with the original again (not changing anything) and it solved it too.

Things like this don't inspire confidence, especially when you intend on using these functions for a timed exam. I don't have time to troubleshoot during an exam.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best calculator for the working engineer - Logan - 07-09-2016 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)