Tronica 99: Small LED RPN Scientific, 20 keys
01-25-2016, 11:30 PM
RE: Tronica 99: Small LED RPN Scientific, 20 keys
(01-25-2016 06:11 AM)walter b Wrote:  Nice find. What's shifted F and shifted 0?

Aristo designed similar small keyboards though algebraic.

d:-)

The posting of that datasheet practically answers the question, and that's a nice find! Now I see where it gets its RPN heritage, I remember some of the National/Novus calculators were RPN.

I remembered knowing what those buttons did years ago, but forgot exactly what until I tried them. The markings on this calc look cryptic, but are clear when you understand. Pushing the shift/function button twice "F TT" puts Pi in the display. Apparently whoever did the typesetting didn't have a Pi symbol or didn't know how to do it, so TT was used as a crude Roman-letter substitute.

The shift-0 legend looks like "1 to the nth." The function with an input of 1 gives 0, 2 gives a (positive) decimal expansion less than 1, and 3 a decimal expansion between 1 and 2. The marking is clearly a bad rendition of ln, or natural log.

I don't have the calculator with me right now, but I'll get it and post the result of that sequence later.

This may not be my first post, from my own records I had an account about 8 or 10 years ago and apparently it got flushed. I haven't had the email address associated with that account for 8 years anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tronica 99: Small LED RPN Scientific, 20 keys - benbradley - 01-25-2016 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)