Create a list of undefined user vars?
01-25-2016, 11:08 AM
RE: Create a list of undefined user vars?
Thank you, Cyrille. I really appreciate your helpful information!

I knew to use the symbolic side, [CAS], to create the list L1, which is why I was seeking a solution based on [HOME]. I wasn't able use the CAS result though, since it was saved in the variable L1. As shown in my example, L1 couldn't be evaluated as an INPUT() parameter, as you have explained. I tried many things, but I didn't know about your string-based approach, and will give that a try!

If anyone is interested, I want to gather input from a changeable list of stock symbols. The idea attempts to make use of "ticker symbols" as "undefined" variable names for an investment progress, portfolio tracker. If a list of symbols, with associated share details, were available, (L1, maintained outside the program), then I could programmatically manage the rest of the portfolio tracking details, needing only current market prices as additional input. The Prime's portability makes it a handy tool for this quick status project.

I've found that there's almost always a way to do things with the Prime. I ran out of ideas here, though!

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Create a list of undefined user vars? - DrD - 01-25-2016 11:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)