Not enough sections
01-07-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: Not enough sections
(01-07-2016 09:38 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 08:13 PM)timofonic Wrote:  I think projects like WP34S and other "homebrew" projects deserve their own sections

I think they've got it: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/forum-8.html . And if all threads covering "emulators, simulators, third party firmware like WP34s, and non-HP RPN calculators" would really move therein, the so called "General forum" would have little news at all since HP does make less and less new calculators and the Prime has its own forum already. Is the "HP-41CL" made by HP? Isn't the PILbox a "homebrew" project, too? Etc.

d:-?

The ones that contribute to a common purpose are those that deserve the merits.

If HP abandons the calculator geeks and they legacy is continued or even surpassed by the fans of their classic systems, I think they deserve more visibility and support.

Maybe my ideas are too radical.

- I'm not into being a collector beyond the historical reasons, I wish there would be museums with skilled geeks and able to replicate these machines to understand them. But I'm not into collecting and show how great my collection is (I'm into retrocomputing/retrogaming scene, I dislike that behavior too).

- I would rename the forum to RPNcalcs and make a HP Museum on it, because HP Calculators are a thing of the past. RPN/RPL must evolve beyond their original owners and support the small companies that do hardware/software for it (like Swissmicros), despite being small or big ones.

If HP doesn't care about calculators and specially RPN/RPL: F$ck OFF! Let's show the world mad geeks can keep them alive and kicking, without big corps making their toys. The DIY scene is becoming more powerful each time, consumer products are becoming dumbed down and geekie users are tired of shitty stuff.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Not enough sections - timofonic - 01-07-2016, 08:13 PM
RE: Not enough sections - walter b - 01-07-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Not enough sections - timofonic - 01-07-2016 10:38 PM
RE: Not enough sections - rprosperi - 01-08-2016, 12:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)