HP-95LX palmtop personal computer: A blast from the recent past?
12-17-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: HP-95LX palmtop personal computer: A blast from the recent past?
I don't remember whether I ever used a flash card with my 95LX'es - but I certainly used RAM cards and one combination card that had both RAM and a modem.

There are still two RAM cards here with my current 95LX - HP's F1003A 512K RAM Card and an ACE DoubleCard 4M. Both were really expensive in their time.

The HP 512K card uses a CR-2025 cell to keep its memory when removed from the palmtop and the ACE takes a CR-2325. By the way, the DoubleCard is called that because it's really a 2 MByte RAM card but achieves around double that capacity using Stacker software.

(12-17-2015 08:19 AM)jebem Wrote:  ...
By the way, did you succeed at any point to install and setup a flash PCMCIA memory card on the 95LX?

From what I have been reading it seems that it should be possible using specific brands and specific drivers, but I would like to have a more conformed information on this.
One crucial point is that the 95LX was not designed to work with flash cards, so it supplies energy to the pcmcia card all the time, even when powered off. This makes sense when RAM cards are used as it was meant to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-95LX palmtop personal computer: A blast from the recent past? - striegel - 12-17-2015 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)