HP-95LX palmtop personal computer: A blast from the recent past?
12-17-2015, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 08:29 AM by jebem.)
RE: HP-95LX palmtop personal computer: A blast from the recent past?
(12-16-2015 01:56 PM)striegel Wrote:  The plastic overlay surrounding the keys is strong and flexible and the adhesive holding it down is not overly aggressive, so it can be removed without doing any damage to it. This is not like the metal overlays used on the older HP calculators.

I have done this on multiple 95LX/100LX/200LX machines over the years - removing them without applying any heat - and never had one get creased.

Great information, Thank you for sharing!

By the way, did you succeed at any point to install and setup a flash PCMCIA memory card on the 95LX?

From what I have been reading it seems that it should be possible using specific brands and specific drivers, but I would like to have a more conformed information on this.

@ Bill,
Thank you for the link in your previous post. That's the information I was reading initially, it is very informative and comprehensive, despite it don't give a practical example of actual implementation referring what Sandisk card exact model can be used.

One crucial point is that the 95LX was not designed to work with flash cards, so it supplies energy to the pcmcia card all the time, even when powered off. This makes sense when RAM cards are used as it was meant to.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-95LX palmtop personal computer: A blast from the recent past? - jebem - 12-17-2015 08:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)