Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG.
12-18-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG.
(12-08-2015 09:23 PM)Dieter Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 12:46 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  The difficulty is to translate the codes to input in ALPHA REGISTER.

Why should one want to do this?
Codes? Why do you want to use codes ?-)

(12-05-2015 12:46 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  A way to do this is go in base HEX, for instance the exponant sign is 5E in the array of code characters in manual, 2 is 32 in array which is HEXA, SPACE is 06 in the array, so I go HEXA I put the code hexa of what I want, for example :

2^2[space]

I do 32 x->a 5e x->a 32 x->a, it is "2^2" in alpha register.
Of course I have made a routine for translate what I need ! numbers 2 to 9 (it is sufficient I think), and ^, ., SPACE, after I display alpha register and I have my result.

Maybe I do not understand why you want to use such a complicated method. But why don't you just directly append the characters and numbers you want? Let's assume the factor is in register 1 and the exponent in register 2, why don't you simply do it this way:

Code:
αIP 01
"^"
αIP 02

Remember: unlike the HP41, there is no "append" character on the 34s. Every alpha entry is automatically appended to the existing alpha string. So you always have to use CLα if you want to start a new alpha string.

The exponent character "^" is in the alpha calatog at [f] [→], a space is [h] [0] (=PSE) and a multiplication symbol is also available at [f] [x]. However, I did not find a centered dot like "·". Walter?

Anyway, the 34s alpha display is of not much use here as the number of displayed characters is very limited. Unlike the HP41, the display does not scroll.

Dieter

Hi Dieter my friend,
Now at home I am able to reply, I have do this because Walter in manual say, characters are in internal codes, so of course it is complicated and health stoped my research. I had look "append" but I know it is not.

At hospital, I have programed all codes for characters, but you seem saying it is not usefull.

I am happy to retrieved you all !

Gérard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG. - fhub - 12-09-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG. - fhub - 12-09-2015, 06:32 PM
RE: Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG. - fhub - 12-10-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG. - fhub - 12-10-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG. - ggauny@live.fr - 12-18-2015 02:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)