libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library
12-14-2013, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 02:25 AM by Jonathan Cameron.)
RE: libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library
Ok, I have it downloaded and installed on Ubuntu (12.04). I had to install both hidapi first as you suggested and had to download all the extra packages that are mentioned on the README page. It was a bit tedious and I had to try it several times, but it eventually compiled. (It is a good thing I'm not afraid of the command line!)

When I run test_hpcalcs as regular user, connecting to the calculator fails (the "cable open failed" error). If I run as root, it works fine. I set up /etc/udev/rules.d so that the calculator usb port gets mounted with suitable permissions and it did not make any difference for regular users. Do you have any suggestions?

UPDATE: I was able to get a regular user to work by manually setting the permission of the raw hid node: /dev/hidraw2. My udev rule worked fine for the corresponding node: /dev/usb/hiddev1. Now I have to figure that out.

By the way, when I exit test_hpcalcs, I'm getting a seg-fault.

Thanks!

-Jonathan
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library - Jonathan Cameron - 12-14-2013 01:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)