libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library
12-30-2014, 10:27 AM
RE: libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library
Quote:have you tested communication with a calculator running firmware versions 5447 and 6030 ?

No, unfortunately I only have one prime and don't want to downgrade. It seems that the main thing that got fixed in the recent firmware are the package sequence numbers coming from the calculator.
To increase the chance that this still works with older firmware, we could remove the `break` in https://github.com/danielmewes/hplp/comm...cd4971L182 I suppose (and only print a warning).

Thanks for the links for post-processing the images! I might look into it some time later.

I couldn't detect any package loss during backup, but haven't checked very thoroughly. Generally communication seems quite stable though.

One more thing I just noticed (you probably already know this, but might be interesting for other readers): When transferring a .hppgrm file to the calculator, the Prime seems to expect a raw text file without any headers. A lot of programs available on the Internet for download (e.g. on hpcalc.org) have the binary headers in the hpprgm files, which must be stripped before transferring such a program to the Prime with your tool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library - danielmewes - 12-30-2014 10:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)