libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library
12-26-2013, 12:20 AM
RE: libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library
I just started testing this on OS/X. I used get clone today to download, and autoreconf/configure/make instead of the .sh scripts. I also had to build hidapi first. libpng12 is old, using 1.5.x. I had to change configure.ac to use libpng instead of libpng12. I also had to use -std=c99.

So far I have been able to get screen shots. Type 9 looks the best, but the colors do not match. Dunno if this is due to libpng version or not. PNG output is 4 bit color. That could be it as well.

I can download (from the calc), but not upload programs. Programs download in UTF-16LE encoding. After running iconv -f UTF-16LE -t UTF-8 foo.hpprgm >foo.txt I was able to edit files with vi (assuming LANG=en_US.UTF-8). After converting back to UTF-16LE and trying to upload I get:
Code:

Enter input filename: bar.hpprgm
Input file has size 3054 (bee)
Segmentation fault: 11

If I just try to transfer back what I downloaded, I still get the same error.

I've had a few stability issues as well. Hard to tell if it's the Prime or the code. After disconnecting and reconnecting the cable all is fine. Once the Prime reset itself.

Thanks for this tool. I imagine in a month or too I'll be able to develop only on OS/X.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library - Egan Ford - 12-26-2013 12:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)