[HP-15C] Android version display weird behaviour?
11-23-2015, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 02:32 PM by Marcio.)
RE: [HP-15C] Android version display weird behaviour?
Well, I had never paid much attention to the crashes before because I usually use either the 50g or 15c to solve problems, the 50g when it requires more processing power or more memory for large matrix operations. Most recently, I purchased the app so I could run it on my phone and the 15c wouldn't have to leave my desk.

Straight to the point: Last night I was trying to solve this equation below (for V):
\[P = \frac{RT}{V-b}-\frac{a}{V(V+b)\sqrt{T}} \]
where
Code:
P = 56
T = 450
R = 0.08206
a = 85.6349
b = 0.0259

This is part of the subroutine I used:
Code:
LBL B
RCL 7         (b)
+
RCL 2         (T)
SQRT
RCL 6         (a)
/
1/x
CHS
x<>y
RCL 7         (b)
-
RCL 5         (R)
/
RCL 2         (T)
/
1/x
+
RCL 1         (P)
-
RTN

While the actual calculator struggled to find the root (which was my fault at first because I had not given it good guesses), the app crashed very shortly after it started the calculation.

The best guess is RT/P = 0.6594

If RT/P and 1.1 RT/P are used as guesses, there is a good chance the app will crash, as it has happened before a couple of times. BTW, the root is 0.5698 (86.41% of RT/P).

I also got it to run the benchmark test as posted here. The app ran for 8 minutes, froze and then crashed.

Marcio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HP-15C] Android version display weird behaviour? - Marcio - 11-23-2015 02:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)