Flawed prime factorization program and unexpected 15C simulator behaviour
11-21-2015, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2015 12:27 AM by BarryMead.)
RE: Flawed prime factorization program and unexpected 15C simulator behaviour
I promised that if Torsten got back to me with his official bug fix for this issue, that I would post an update to this forum.

Well as he always does, Torsten came up with a much more elegant solution to this bug than my first attempt, so I am attaching his official source release here.

This "source" will not run in native windows systems so it isn't as nice as the annual releases found on Torsten's web site, but those who use linux, or have the necessary tools installed on their windows computers, can make use of it (wish or freewrap). You can download the free "Community Edition" of TCL/TK for windows (wish program) at this web site: http://www.activestate.com/activetcl
Or you can download freewrap which allows you to compile the TCL/TK source into a windows 64-bit executable from this site: http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/

Torsten calls this release 3402 so I named the zip file 3402.zip. When you unzip this file into your HP-15C source directory (overwriting your existing HP-15C.tcl file) it will fix the FRACT and INT bugs.

This file has also been updated to fix the Unicode Save Bug mentioned elsewhere in this thread. (When the "Encode programs in UTF-16 (LE)" checkbox is CHECKED)
This file has also been updated to fix the Boundary Condition Bug in which 1.0 and -1.0 were returning the wrong answer for both the FRAC and INT functions.
This file has also been updated to fix a File Save HTML help page bug. The older version was not automatically changing the suffix to .htm when saving help pages.

Cheers, Barry

Attached File(s)
.zip  3402.zip (Size: 47.9 KB / Downloads: 10)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flawed prime factorization program and unexpected 15C simulator behaviour - BarryMead - 11-21-2015 07:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)