(35S) Statistical Distributions Functions
11-13-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: HP 35s Statistical Distributions Functions
(11-13-2015 08:04 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  Could you try to publish the F Fisher program individually, while the compile versión is finished?

The current program pack uses a number of common routines for the various distributions. For instance, the Fisher module requires the regularized Beta function, Euler's Beta and two common input routines. This approach also removes the contraints of the HP67/97 stat pac's Fisher routine where at least one of the df has to be even.

All four distributions are evaluated using either the regularized Gamma or Beta function. These two functions even allow an easy implementation of the Binomial and Poisson distribution.

In other words: extracting only the Fisher code does not make much sense since several other routines are required as well.

I recently posted a short 35s program for Student's t distribution. It runs quite fast and works well for most practical cases, i.e. for probabilities not too close to 0 or 1. That's what I like about it. The current version is based on the regularized Beta function, which does not run that fast but it allows some nice things like evaluating the quantile for, say, 10 df and P(x)=1E–400 (result = –2,56452571895 E+40).

The complete code now has about 2600 Bytes (without the old Student version). Especially the quantile functions include some know-how from the respective WP34s routines. IIRC the whole pack consists of eleven routines in total. It's getting bigger than I initially thought. ;-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 35s Statistical Distributions Functions - Dieter - 11-13-2015 09:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)