(35S) Statistical Distributions Functions
10-29-2015, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2015 07:29 AM by Dieter.)
RE: HP 35s Statistical Distributions Functions
(10-28-2015 10:45 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  I leave the program compilation that Dieter wrote for Chi-Square Distribution, with examples and a list of programming steps.

Looks very nice. FTR: There are special fonts available that resemble the keys and the display of various HP calculators (simple 7 segment LCD, dot matrix, 14 segment HP41, etc.). I remember a font package by Luiz Viera and there also is a zip-file at educalc.net that inclues a 33s key font. Simply search for HP calculator fonts

I am not quite happy with the initial guess of the Chi² quantile. This is a very stripped down version of what's implemented in the 34s. But a more sophisticated version that usually converges within 3...5 iterations would require an estimate for the Normal quantile, which is also true for the Student inverse. So this can be done in a unified package that includes all three (or four) distributions. For the time being you may include the improved J input routine from the Student program.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 35s Statistical Distributions Functions - Dieter - 10-29-2015 07:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)