How do you show off your calculators?
10-03-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: How do you show of your calculators?
Thank you all for your feedback.

(09-27-2015 04:47 PM)smp Wrote:  I do not have such a large collection as you do, so I no not have much of anything to show off. My vintage computers, though...

Vintage computers are a fantastic hobby if one has the time, space and money to start a collection. When you have the time, please share it here.

I have just one Sanyo MBC-1150 stored in the basement that was a leftover from one IT company where I worked for in the 80's.
I had a few more vintage desktop computers but sold them when I moved to this apartment where the space is at premium.

(09-27-2015 04:49 PM)Frido Bohn Wrote:  Until now I didn't dare to threaten my wife with an open exposure of my collection in such central areas like the living room.

Basically, I sold her this idea that these devices can be a good money investment, better than having the money in the Bank.
I had to gently insinuate this idea to her during the past years, first with my transistor and valve (in USA, tube) radios, and then with my calculators.

(09-27-2015 04:50 PM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  Quite similar to what I did too. Here are some pictures from years ago.

What a fantastic vintage collection!
And classy furniture too.
Thanks for sharing.

(09-27-2015 07:11 PM)Hlib Wrote:  I am arguing the opposite style. Why not?

Так / Да / Yes, good point!
A calculator is just another tool.

I keep my work calculator (HP PRIME) inside a drawer mixed with a couple of other non related tools as well.

(09-28-2015 06:27 AM)david sanz Wrote:  I do not show them, but I hide them in style Smile

I tried that approach initially, but then I felt the calculators were missing my frequent caring Smile

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you show of your calculators? - jebem - 10-03-2015 07:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)