Virtual calculator: "-" maped as +/-
08-31-2015, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 10:31 PM by matthiaspaul.)
RE: Virtual calculator: "-" maped as +/-
Thanks, Cyrille, this documentation will prove to be useful for Prime users.

For the HP 50g Virtual Calculator (which uses .xml files rather than .skin files) I have found out most of the settings myself by trial and error (developing a new, much improved skin for the emulator), so such a documentation is no longer necessary (although it would still be nice, if you could provide one), but there's one question remaining:
In that emulator (in the skin.xml files) virtual Windows keycodes (rather than actual keyboard scancodes) are mapped to emulator entries which appear to be organized in some kind of grid in emu_keys.xml (possibly a keyboard switch matrix or other kind of port mappings). This works okay for basic key assignments, but it does not seem to allow to map alternative PC keyboard assignments (that is, according to the PC keyboard driver loaded) to emulator entries.
I can assign a digit key in the digit key row of the main keyboard block to a digit key on the calculator, but it seems I cannot assign the shifted function of the same digit key to a different function on the calculator (shifted or not on the calculator).
For example, while I would like to assign the unshifted function of the "8/(" key (in the German keyboard layout) to the emulator entry for the "8" button (as it happens already for 00040005h), I would like to assign the shifted PC key function "(" to either the emulator entry for the "+" key or even better to an emulator entry for "LSHIFT (white)"+"+" (if there were (undocumented) entries in the emulator's grid for such combinations as well). If this would be possible (as it is apparently in the Prime emulator), it would open alot of possibilities to more closely emulate the calculator's key assignments on a PC keyboard. After all, alot of the "special symbols" are readibly available in most keyboard layouts on the shifted layers, but cannot be used as the emulator "consumes" whole keys only. Is there a workaround for this?

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virtual calculator: "-" maped as +/- - matthiaspaul - 08-31-2015 12:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)