[Help] My battery is always at 100%
08-27-2015, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2015 07:00 AM by Digitaldreams.)
RE: [Help] My battery is always at 100%
Forgive me if wrong...

When new or upon a battery change, the software that determines the battery level needs to be 'calibrated'. In reality it means that you have to leave the calculator on charge for a considerable time EVEN IF IT REPORTS 100%. I'm sure the user manual suggests this. It is not possible to directly measure the charge level of this kind of battery hence an algorithm is used taking into consideration charging current, drain current and past history. As it charges, in the background the software repeatedly records the increasing level as '100%' (hence 'calibrating'). This is why it is often reccomended to leave it on charge for a considerable time when new so that the actual 100% can be recorded.

Tim....similar devices using similar batteries have algorithms that show % levels in increments of 1% both when charging and discharging. I don't see why it can not be implimented here. You could go further and include a 'leave on charge !' Indication if the algoritm senses levels increasing beyond it's recorded 100%...Many laptops also have hidden engineer functions to reset the battery calibration when batteries decay or are changed.

Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[Help] My battery is always at 100% - hook - 08-26-2015, 03:16 AM
RE: [Help] My battery is always at 100% - Digitaldreams - 08-27-2015 06:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)