[Help] My battery is always at 100%
08-26-2015, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2015 08:51 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: [Help] My battery is always at 100%
Are you describing "When plugged in to a cable, the power shows as having the little lightning bolt on it with a full green background?"

If this is what you are describing, then there is nothing that can be done here. The reason why is that the charging circuitry only reports one of 6 levels (roughly 100, 75, 50, 25, "uhoh-i am really low", "i really mean it, I will die soon"). That last one can mean anything from "you have a few miliseconds, to there is still a minute or two left".

It does not report fine values. It also cannot report anything but "I am charging right now" when it is plugged in. So this is a hardware limitation essentially. Note that when it is plugged in, if you tap the corner there is no percentage shown. This is to try and show a difference.

I suppose I could try to add an animation at some point showing the green bar moving.... but apart from that I don't think there is anything else.

Now the charging can sometimes take a while to report the actual battery level. I think the OS is doing some filtering and without enough time it may still be stuck thinking it is full.

Now if I've completely misread what is being discussed, please correct me so I can understand. Thanks!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[Help] My battery is always at 100% - hook - 08-26-2015, 03:16 AM
RE: [Help] My battery is always at 100% - Tim Wessman - 08-26-2015 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)