[go67/97 for Android] Creating .pck files in a text editor?
08-09-2015, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 02:37 PM by Bill (Smithville NJ).)
RE: [go67/97 for Android] Creating .pck files in a text editor?
(08-09-2015 10:20 AM)lcwright1964 Wrote:  Solved!

Protected status is conferred by a P in the line just before the header line for a card side. "S1 -" means side one is NOT protected. "S2P-" means side 2 is protected.

Card colour and font is also tagged simply. Beneath the first line labelling an individual card that reads "@ Card 0" for the first card, "@ Card 1" for the second, etc., there is a line with a single digit. If the digit is 1, the card is white with black font. If the digit is 2, the card is brown with white and yellow font. This is set using the "Kind" property in the Windows emulator, on which I am testing this. I am assuming these PCK files are perfectly compatible with the phone and tablet emulators.

Fantastic!

This should mean that the Header Record is just how the HP-67 would store it without any other emulator data. That should make it somewhat easier to decode (I hope).

After thinking about this, a well written program should be setting most of the items in the Header Record when it executes. For example DEG/RAD/GRAD, Display Format, Flags. If we ignore them in the Header, then all we really need to worry about is Card Side (1 or 2), number of passes (1 or 2). Should be able to decode those items by playing around with various bits in the Header.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [go67/97 for Android] Creating .pck files in a text editor? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 08-09-2015 01:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)