[go67/97 for Android] Creating .pck files in a text editor?
08-09-2015, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 10:32 AM by lcwright1964.)
RE: [go67/97 for Android] Creating .pck files in a text editor?
(08-09-2015 09:40 AM)lcwright1964 Wrote:  The bee in my bonnet remains about where in the .pck files card font/colour and protection status is encoded. Those features are specific to the emulators. In the really calculator and cards, colour is immaterial and protection is conferred by snipping the corner.

Solved!

Protected status is conferred by a P in the line just before the header line for a card side. "S1 -" means side one is NOT protected. "S2P-" means side 2 is protected.

Card colour and font is also tagged simply. Beneath the first line labelling an individual card that reads "@ Card 0" for the first card, "@ Card 1" for the second, etc., there is a line with a single digit. If the digit is 1, the card is white with black font. If the digit is 2, the card is brown with white and yellow font. This is set using the "Kind" property in the Windows emulator, on which I am testing this. I am assuming these PCK files are perfectly compatible with the phone and tablet emulators.

I should emphasize that in Olivier's Google Code pages for this work, he is very specific that lines and spaces must be respected in these ASCII files, so when edits are made nothing should be subtracted, only substituted. Given the plethora of white space in these files, I thought it important to note that.

Les
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [go67/97 for Android] Creating .pck files in a text editor? - lcwright1964 - 08-09-2015 10:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)