HP-12C Platinum Version 02 calculator from 2010 week 21?
07-09-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: HP-12C Platinum Version 02 calculator from 2010 week 21?
(07-09-2015 10:26 PM)jebem Wrote:  I understand the 12C is the most successful HP calculator of all, and this MoHPC forum has plenty of posts discussing it along the years.
However, for me it is not 100% clear on exactly how many different hardware/firmware versions did HP released along the years.

This has never been clearly and fully documented, to some extent, because the history of the 12C is far longer than any single person in the HP Calculator group.

There are at least 4 versions of the 12CP (orig silver, late silver, orig black w/1 2032, later black w/2 2032), but I suspect there are many more.

For diags, I think the 15CLE manual (download from HP) has the most accurate description of the diags (in an appendix) in the new Voyagers, but this may be the same as some you've found. It's easy to check.

Also the most recent 12C and 12CP models used the same CPU as other models recently discontinued (e.g. 20b/30b) due to lack of parts from CPU supplier, from which we can infer that another "version" is coming. And while HP's intent is to keep differences invisible to customers, as you've seen with the benchmarks, careful scrutiny by communities like MoHPC will eventually find minor differences. There is MUCH detailed info in postings here (even more in the "old" forum); it would not be a simple task to comb it all and compile a summary, but I, for one, would love to see such a comparison/summary.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-12C Platinum Version 02 calculator from 2010 week 21? - rprosperi - 07-09-2015 11:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)