What Was Your First Programming Language?
12-05-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language?
When I was...

7-8 yrs old: I heard that calculators and computers are exists somewhere, I have ordered my first book about programming (Études on personal computers) and I have learned everything about the personal computers (like Spectrum or C=64)'s BASIC without computer.
8-10 yrs: TI 57 LCD (keystroke programming in math study group/faculty in my primary school)
10-12 yrs: HT-1080Z (BASIC, then Z80 assembly)
12-13 yrs: C=16 (BASIC, simple assembly in MONITOR - there was when I heard about Tóth Viktor first, because he wrote the book about ROM list of C=16 (C16 Inside))
13-14 yrs: ENTERPRISE 128 (BASIC and Z80 assembly - my first computer)

In the middle school I have used simple calculator for my math, physics and chemistry study but during my technician study I used a CASIO fx-850P with 8K RAM module. This was my trusty unit during my chemical engineering studies. That was when I met the HP's world (I beg an HP-45 from a shopwindow, but I cannot to use that without batteries).

After my studies I bought my first HP, an HP32SII and with that I started my studies as mechanical engineer. In my first semester in a computer-junkyard shop near the University I found a HP-15C with pouch, manual, box and one 48SX with case and books - that was that moment when my mind is blowed and I spent all my money. My first homework of statics I programmed on 15C and my classmates stand in line in my room to run-and-check their homework.

And all the others is history...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language? - Csaba Tizedes - 12-05-2017 08:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)