LIF<->TEXT perl utilities
01-19-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: LIF<->TEXT perl utilities
(05-16-2015 10:13 PM)cruff Wrote:  I wrote these two conversion perl scripts to aid playing with my 71B and its new FRAM71. I have tested these on OS X, and they should run on Linux or other Unix platforms without change. Windows users may need to add an appropriate binmode setting, which I can't test as I "don't do Windows". :-)

This first one is text2lif, which takes a Unix style file and converts it to a TEXT LIF file. The command line synopsis is:
Code:
text2lif  [-o outfile] [-s suffix] file [...]

The second is lif2text, which does the reverse. The command line synopsis is:
Code:
lif2text [-o outfile] [-s suffix] file [...]

For both, if outfile is "-", the output is written to stdout. By default, text2lif will add a '.t71' suffix, unless overridden with the -s option. By default, lif2text will strip the suffix if the input file has one, otherwise will add a suffix, either '.txt' or the one specified by the -s option. Both will attempt to not clobber the input file(s).
Hi,

I found your programs on this forum - but no idea how to use them. I have a Macbook Pro. It seems that this would be a simple version for converting Basic files in text instead of doing this with the transform program on the HP71. I'm right? Can you give me a practical example please? I tried some variations but not successful maybe I misunderstand the syntax.

best regards
Erwin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
LIF<->TEXT perl utilities - cruff - 05-16-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: LIF<->TEXT perl utilities - Erwin - 01-19-2017 08:44 PM
RE: LIF<->TEXT perl utilities - cruff - 01-21-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: LIF<->TEXT perl utilities - Erwin - 01-21-2017, 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)