New HP-41 Module released: The Total-Rekall
05-02-2015, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 07:15 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: New HP-41 Module released: The Total-Rekall
(05-02-2015 06:15 AM)Dieter Wrote:  Ah, great – so now there's RCL arithmetics for the 41, at last. As well as a number of new tests. Here the QRG says that ?X> is a "greater than X" test, or ?0< is a "less than zero" test. However, the command name says exactly the opposite: if 0<X then X is greater than zero, not less. This would mean that for instance ?X< 01 actually tests if X > R01. ?!?

You're absolutely correct - I need to double check what's done in the code and then change the text to reconcile function name and descriptions. Thanks for keeping me straight.

(05-02-2015 06:15 AM)Dieter Wrote:  Maybe I already said it some time ago when this display mode has been discussed here, but I still think that FIXALL is a misleading name for this command: the basic feature of this mode is that the number of digits is not fixed at all. I'd suggest something like FLOAT. Or maybe UNFIX. ;-)

I couldn't agree more with you - yet even the humble HP-32S call this FIX ALL so I thought I'd go with the float - I mean with the flow ;-) So the jury is still not done on this one, watch this space for the next rev.

(05-02-2015 06:15 AM)Dieter Wrote:  BTW I would love to have the Y-related tests also in the 34s. Testing a condition while leaving X unchanged is a very handy feature in many situations.

Yes, one of those that kept poping up in my programs was Y<Z? so I decided a no-compromises approach was needed and included the 5 most-frequently used stack regs, {X, Y, Z, T, L} so you can stretch things to the point testing for L<T? if so desired.

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New HP-41 Module released: The Total-Rekall - Ángel Martin - 05-02-2015 07:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)