My first newbie WP 34S question
01-28-2014, 03:23 AM
RE: My first newbie WP 34S question
Hello,

I recently got my WP 34S. The build quality of the HP 30b is slightly disappointing, but I'm very impressed with the firmware, it seems extremely well thought-out. Many thanks to all who created it. Not wanting to clutter this forum with a new thread, I'll just ask my first two WP 34S related questions here. Smile

Is the USB module that can be built into the WP 34S still available for purchase? If so, where could I get it from?

I've found some bugs in the Y register display code (it's not enabled in the default builds so I guess it received relatively little testing) and am currently working on a patch to improve that. I noticed the following in display.c, in annunciators(), line 516 (equivalent code is compiled in irrespective of whether or not Y register display is enabled):
Code:
/* This is a bit convoluted.  ShowRegister is the real portion being shown.  Normally
 * ShowRegister+1 would contain the complex component, however if the register being
 * examined is on the stack and there is a command line present, the stack will be lifted
 * after we execute so we need to show ShowRegister instead.
 */
getRegister(&y, (ShowRegister >= regX_idx && ShowRegister < regX_idx + stack_size() && get_cmdline()) ? ShowRegister : ShowRegister+1);

I couldn't find a way to reproduce a situation when the stack is lifted after the above piece of code is executed. Maybe the comment refers to an older state of the code and checking the command line is no longer necessary in the current version (at least in the default builds without Y register display). It'd be helpful if someone who's more familiar with the code base could confirm this, or explain what are the conditions under which checking the command line above makes a difference.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My first newbie WP 34S question - Bit - 01-28-2014 03:23 AM
RE: My first newbie WP 34S question - Bit - 01-29-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: My first newbie WP 34S question - Bit - 01-29-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: My first newbie WP 34S question - Bit - 02-01-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: My first newbie WP 34S question - Bit - 02-01-2014, 11:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)