HP-35S 'Guide for Dummies' being posted online
04-19-2015, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 02:22 PM by r. pienne.)
RE: HP-35S 'Guide for Dummies' being posted online
(04-19-2015 03:11 AM)MagyarBoy Wrote:  Let me know if you have any feedback or find issues/errors/hiccups etc. This is kind of a first draft so I think you may find something Smile

Nice work. I'm sure it will be useful when it's finished.

Is it my turn to be pernickety? From a quick scan, here are a few things:
1. Introduction:
- "HP-35S" should be "HP 35s"
2. Basics:
- "Take your HP-35S and place it on the table next to this book." Duh. There's no book, and might not be a table.
5. RPN:
- Ɓukasiewicz (sic) was "Polish", not "polish", which is stuff you put on your shoes.
9,10. Rolling stack, roots/powers/logs:
- It refers to "Excel", assuming we are all Microsoft fans. Rather than adding LibreOffice/OpenOffice/others to the list, just refer to a "spreadsheet".
- The font size changes half-way through.
11. More examples:
- "Asparagus cola"? What on earth is that?
- explain that mL is the same as cm3.
- "$3.447 dollars" is tautological.
- "Gallons" should be "US gallons", as there are various sizes of gallons used in the shrinking pre-metric world.
General:
- Represent key strokes using little graphics or styled text (see e.g. Wikipedia article on the 35s, or Walter's 34s Calculation Guide), which would be more compact and stand out better.

None of the above is in any way critical, but hopefully some of it might be useful. Cheers.

R.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-35S 'Guide for Dummies' being posted online - r. pienne - 04-19-2015 01:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)