Raspberry PI 2B as Desktop PC Really?
04-02-2015, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 04:58 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
Raspberry PI 2B as Desktop PC Really?
Yes, really.

I've had a Raspberry PI b+ for some time now, and have been experimenting with it as a controller; as a gnu/linux master controller, and general linux toy... what fun. Anyway, I read an article on Element14 stating that the new Raspberry PI 2B might be used to replace a desktop PC (for most things folks do with desktop PCs, like programming, office documents, gimp photo editing, email, surfing the net, and so forth). To make a longer story shorter, I bought one.

This is to report that I've been using a Raspberry PI 2B (even now) as my desktop PC for about a week now. It hangs quietly on the back of my Samsung S23C570 HDMI display glowing red|blue wipi| and green|yellow silently motionlessly without any heat nor fan noise with just two connections---power and HDMI. wipi is used for Internet, and Logitech combo usb is used for keyboard|mouse.

The response from this quad core Arm 7 running 700-900 Mhz is quite nice, and so far no complaints other than its Epiphany browser has not been as stable as I would have liked (its crashed a couple of times in a week). But the little Raspberry is humming along brilliantly.

Did I mention they are on sale now for $35 bucks? (same price as the RPi b+)

Cheers
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Raspberry PI 2B as Desktop PC Really? - MarkHaysHarris777 - 04-02-2015 04:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)