All About Slide Rules Book (PDF)
04-17-2015, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2015 06:55 AM by Mark.)
RE: All About Slide Rules Book (PDF)
Hello Mark,

I'd like to add one more pleasant fact about Faber-Castell's "refreshing approach", which makes them even more remarkable by today's business standards :

One of the slide rules I ordered never found its way to my home. About 2 weeks later, I told them about that. They answered me that a new one was to be sent 24 hours later with a better packaging (related to the French Post Office not able to track the previous one, I presume).

The new one arrived smoothly to me, with kind words of apologies for the inconvenience. Gentlemen spirit, you said ?

By the way, I just checked their offer, it has significantly reduced in one year ! The nice model I got (back side fitted with a "Troncet" adder) doesn't show up anymore...

A last word about bamboo slide rules : to me, those made by Hemmi before 1970 (sold under "Post" brand also) are really fine technical objects, even the best plastic-made ones cannot compare when you operate them.

I wish you'll have as much fun as me,

Best regards,
Marc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: All About Slide Rules Book (PDF) - Mark - 04-17-2015 06:37 AM
RE: All About Slide Rules Book (PDF) - rkf - 05-12-2015, 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)