Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
04-12-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
(04-12-2015 09:48 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Intel Decimal library: This one is x86 only, so it wasn't a choice for my project (some people manage to make it work on ARM, but I don't think it passes all tests). Since it's optimized for x86, porting to ARM you can be sure that any speed advantages will vanish. It has some large tables, so it's also big. Supposed to be very fast but I didn't test it. EDIT: Forgot to mention this one is not true variable precision, only 32,64 and 128 bits, unlike all others.

This one also requires a binary floating point library to be present as well. It uses binary functions to provide initial estimates for the decimal versions in places.

This would be my pick for a device that wasn't arbitrary precision and based on the x86 architecture.

For ARM there is another choice which would be worthy of serious consideration: mathematica. It's free for the Raspberry Pi, does arbitrary precision, does algebraic manipulations and supports the widest range of functions you could imagine all accurately and usually quickly.

Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal - Paul Dale - 04-12-2015 10:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)